Saturday, June 12, 2010

How Time Goes By

Sorry to have left everyone hanging for so long. If any of you are wondering 8 days ago Liji and I finished our adventure in South Korea and headed onto our new adventure in Logan Utah where Liji will be starting a Master's Program. We are super excited to be closer to family for the next 2 years, but we will forever treasure our year in Korea. We had so many special experiences and made so many dear friends. Korea will always be a very tender place in our hearts with all of the manner wonderful memories Liji and I made there.
But before heading straight to Logan we're going to be traveling around visiting family and friends who have been so greatly missed. This last week we have been have a wonderful time in Hawaii with my parents and some of my siblings. It is so beautiful, but actually I was surprised upon arrival that as far as the landscape goes I think it is prettier in Korea; more green and lush:) The ocean is 100 times clearer though and the air is a 100 times cleaner here in Hawaii, which has definately been a treat. We were getting pretty tired of breathing the smog and not being able to see out farther than a 100 yards.
On Tuesday we'll be arriving in Oregon to visit with our Waite's side of the family and then with 2 of my best friends. The thing I missed most about being away was having close girlfriends to chat and laugh with. I never realized how important that is for women to have, until not having it and knowing something was missing but not being able to figure out what it was for a few months until it just dawned on me how much I longed to have some girl time.
Everything after that isn't yet set in stone, but we'll pretty much be travelling around until it's time for Liji to start his program in August. We'll be looking for housing in Logan, visiting Idaho, visiting Colorado, visiting California, and I may possibly get to go with my sister to Nauvoo, Independance, and Texas. We feel so blessed to be able to have such a nice break to look forward to and hope we will get to reconnect with many of you who we have missed so much. Thank you for keeping tabs on us and sharing our adventures with us as we have been gone. We are so greatful to have so much love and support.

Here are my cute parents who I missed so much.
I got to go shopping with my mom and share this tasty strawberry shortcake cream puff.
And here I am on the lap I missed sitting on so much; my dear Dad(with my adorable little nieces). They gave us a great homecoming.

I still have a lot of pictures from our last few days in Korea saying good-bye and now a lot from Hawaii so stay tuned.

4 comments:

Olsens R Us said...

Christina-

I heard that you might be tagging along with Alisa for the drive here and we would LOVE to see you! (No pressure of course, we know how busy it must be for you guys right now with everyone wanting to see you!) But if you do end up coming we will be excited!

Love,
Heather

Mandy said...

Can't wait to see you. By the way, you sound Korean when you wrote "we have been have a wonderful time". They must have rubbed off on you ;)

sara said...

oooo..when is Idaho on the calendar???? WE CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!!

Krissy T. said...

Congratulations on your great year in Korea, and welcome back to the states!