Saturday, May 14, 2011

Feeling Blessed!!

Maybe I'm speaking too soon and we won't end up liking Hailey but right now it just seems perfect for us. The more we think about it the more it seems like something that could really turn into a long-term thing for us and a great place to raise our family. It really just seems like such a miracle to me and I thought I would share. Since we have been married Liji has asked me several times where I picture us living long-term and settling down in but I have usually always put him off and shy'd away from answering him or discussing this topic because anyplace that I could realistically see us ending up, because of Liji's job and his need for a small town, I just couldn't see myself being happy there as well. All the things I wanted like, being within a few hours of my parents and our children's cousins, being near mountains and a ski resort, being in a smaller town(for Liji) but a place that still had fairly big size schools that would have good sports, music and arts programs for my kids and where they would get a really quality education(for me), being in a smaller town(for Liji) but a place that still seems kept up well and clean(for me), a place with a job for Liji that he would really enjoy and where he could make a decent income teaching to raise our family on, a place where we were both happy, ect., ect., I just COULD NOT actually see happening. For Liji it was a fun and exciting thing to talk about and it should have been for me too but it was just so hard because any of this places that he talked about living in were far from Utah and my family or in the middle of no-where with practically zero population, and just not exciting to me. I mean, I would get really stressed and worried thinking about this and would get really emotional or angry anytime Liji tried to make me talk about it. I just told him there was no point, it just stressed me out thinking about it, and we would just end up where ever we ended up and that would be where Heavenly Father needed us and where we were supposed to be. And then we were guided to this job in Hailey and it wasn't until thinking about it the other night that I realized that it has all the stipulations that I have ever really wanted. I mean it is just perfect for us and I really can't even believe that it actually exists. I felt so loved and understood by my Heavenly Father and for that I am so grateful. He really does know me and my desires(even my little ones) so perfectly and wants me and Liji to be happy(I've always known this but it just really sunk in for me). I don't know why we spend anytime worrying about the future; of course Heavenly Father will take care of us he always has and always will. Even if we end up somewhere else after Hailey and then somewhere else and somewhere else, I know that it will be where the Lord wants us to be and therefore the perfect place for us.

2 comments:

Krissy T. said...

Congratulations! You guys should like Hailey. I've only been there a few times but it is beautiful and I've heard it is a nice community.

Petra said...

We're super excited for you!