Thursday, February 4, 2010

Spring Fever

We are happy to getting back to our old schedule at work. The last month we have been having to teach 7 classes a day, instead of our normal 5 classes a day, because the students were on a winter vacation. It made for really long hours at work and less time to do stuff on our own in the mornings. Just yesterday we found out we don't have to be here until 2pm again and it has been really nice. This week we really haven't done a whole lot other than work because it has been really cold out. Liji has tried to get me to go out with him and play with the boomerang, but I guess he wasn't persuasive enough because he never talked me into it. Well, I guess I was out there for a few minutes with him one day but that was only after he finally deciding to go out there and play on his own. Then I looked down from our apartment balcony at my cute little husband playing with the boomerang by himself on the field across the way and thought, "Why, aren't I down there with him?." So I just had to go join him; even though it was freezing! Monday we went out with the missionaries to visit In Su and Pi Nah, whom we really love being with. We had a great discussion and then they came to Family Home evening again at the base. But we were supposed to meet with them this morning and they cancelled. Sadly they told the Elders that they don't believe in the Book of Mormon and they won't be finishing the discussions. We were pretty dissappointed because we had really high hopes for them. We still have plans to go snow skiing with them though next Saturday, so we'll see what we can do. They're family is Catholic and a lot of the other churches around, opening preach bad things about our church and many people believe them and thing that it is evil. I don't wonder if someone from their church found out they were taking the discussions and talked to their parents about the things they had been hearing. It's really too bad.
It has been really fun being able to go to discussions with the Elders this month. Usually we can't go to so many because they can't usually schedule them for the morning since that is when kids are in school and parents are working. But with it being Winter vacation all the students are home in the mornings. Now winter vacation is over though, so they won't be.
Anyways, other than that things are going really well. I guess besides the fact that Liji has a case of really bad Spring Fever and I get to hear about it everyday! It hasn't snowed hard for awhile and it's actually been really clear skies this week, but really cold.
I guess I also decided to start up an Olsen Family Newsletter and that kept me busy for a few days, but it was really fun to get it together and get updates from everyone. Liji already started a Waite family newsletter with his family 2 years ago and it has just been so fun, that we decided we need to do it on my families side.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

It's starting to warm up here. The kids have even been out riding bikes, event hough there is still snow on the ground.