Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sun Yu Do Island

We are on a week long break from work right now and this is what we did with our first day off. We took a ferry to Sun Yu Island. It is only a 1 and a half hour ride and the island was beautiful. There weren't many people there either which was nice because it seems like everywhere here is very crowded; especially the popular tourist spots. We even found a small little secluded beach that we had all to ourselves. The water was not that clear but the temperature was perfect. There were jelly fish everywhere. I was scared at first and made Liji touch one before I'd come very far into the water. It didn't sting him so then I got in and eventually even got brave enough to pick one up myself.




On the Ferry to the Island

Liji is feeding a small fish he caught to a sea anemone.

All those white blobs are jelly fish! I was not lying when I said jelly fish are everywhere.


That's right, I'm holding a live Jelly Fish!
So Gorgeous

Our Ferry Boat

And we only got a little color.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow! That looks awesome! I would be scared of the jellyfish, too, though. I got stung by one when I was little.

Alisa said...

How fun!! I want to be at the beach. We miss you

paigeejeffnkids said...

Hey Christina, Jeff and I are following your adventure, we hope you don't mind! Everything you do looks like so much fun! I'm so glad that you are exploring Korea! How are you liking the food and how's your apartment (kind of random question huh)? We want to come! sarangheo Paige Ashliman Wood

Liji and Christina Waite said...

As far as the food goes I like most of all of the main dishes that I have been served but I am still adjusting to all the kimchi and other pickled side dishes. I have noticed that it has gotten a little easier to eat the more I have eaten it so hopefully before we leave I will really like it. Liji loves all of the food and always eats a lot of the kimchi. Our apartment is great. It is perfect for us. It is just across from E-Mart, so its convenient for shopping and we have a beautiful view from our balcony of the city. We have some great wallpaper that's bright and flowery. We don't have an oven, which would have been nice to have but we really have had no problems. We love this city. I just wish we could speak the language better. I'm glad you are liking and following the blog. Good to hear from you.
sarangheo
/Christina