Saturday, December 12, 2009

Just very Random

Sorry I haven't put many pictures up lately. We are still having a great time and here are some random pictures from the last couple weeks.
Yesterday we were able to participate in the Jeonju Stake Music Festival. We sang 2 songs with the Gunsan Ward, both of course in Korean. Liji and I sill did pretty good considering we only had 2 practices.

Liji's been growing his beard back and the kids are always just so fascinated by it. So Cute to watch!
These two are such good kids. Sleeping on the way home from the Festival:)
Ah, this was our after Festival meal. Rice cake. I don't know if we have posted any pictures of this stuff before, but it is a very popular treat here. It's actually pretty good and this rice cake happens to be colored really pretty, it's not always like that.
This is Liji's wallet. Yes you might wonder why he still uses such a worn wallet instead of just getting a new one when wallets really aren't that expensive. Well this wallet has sentimental value to Liji because his brother brought this home for him from his mission in Brazil and he hasn't wanted to part with it since. Everytime Liji gets his wallet out here the Korean people are really curious as to why Liji has such a worn wallet, and they really seemed to be worried about that. I think they think we are poor or something because of that and we must not have the money to buy a new one. Well when Liji took our scooter in to get the oil changed this last week this happened as he took his wallet out to pay the lady. Then before he left she told him to hold on for a bit and she started scrumaging around in some drawers and then she came back and gave him a new wallet and 2 pairs of socks. What a great way example to look to as we start out the Christmas holidays:)
The new wallet and socks
Liji also woke up one morning this last week to a nice print of his ear on his hand.Yes, I know very exciting!
This last Tuesday Liji got off work early because a student wouldn't be coming, so he secretly did some shopping and then hid the food he bought. The next morning I woke up to a delicious breakfast served to me in bed. Wow, I am so LUCKY!!
This was one of the practices we had for the Music Festival.
The Bishops and Second Counslor's wives preparing a meal for our after church lunch.
2 Sundays ago was the Primary Program. Here they are practicing before the meetings started. They are all super tallented and super cute!
Yea, I don't think I need to say what I thought about this fish being displayed at E-Mart.
When we first got here we boiled all our drinking water, but then we found these spring fountains that they have set up at a few places around town. Now every couple of weeks we get to feel somewhat like the pioneers and take a trip to the well:)
When we were on our last trip to Seoul as we were trying to find the meeting place for our District Conference we took some wrong turns and ended up at this huge castle fortress with some event going on. We were in a rush as we were semi-lost, but we did get in a couple pictures before leaving.

2 comments:

Olsens R Us said...

I love reading all about what you are doing, and it was great to see some pictures again! We miss you guys. We still haven't had our turn with the stuffed animal we need to send you guys, but I'm going to ask the teacher about it before we get off for Christmas break. I am bot excited and panicked about the fact that we head to Utah on Friday to spend Christmas there. We haven't attempted to move a Christmas since I think Emily was a baby. I must be nuts. We are blessing Makayla on Sunday at the lot so hopefully I'll get some pictures to send you guys. Love you!

Jana said...

Christina! I haven't seen you forever! I can't believe that you are in Korea! Funny thing, my sister is serving a mission in south korea, busan... i think its called that. anyway she leaves for the MTC in Jan. I love your pictures, they are amazing. Hope all is well!