Sunday, December 20, 2009

Loving the Christmas Season!

It started snowing last Wednesday and has pretty much going at it since. Well did actually stop this afternoon, we'll see how long it lasts. Don't have time now to post all our snow pictures now but will do it soon. We have these flowers just outside our apartment building that are still hanging around. Just thought they were so pretty with the snow on them like that, and we wanted to share:)
Just thought I'd share how expensive snickers would be if we ever felt like splurging to have some American candy. That price below is in won, but that equals about $15 for this not very big bag of SNICKERS. YIKES!
I know this will sock many of you but these leggings that I am wearing were creatively made by Liji. So we said before how we found this place that has all these nice wool sweaters for only $2. So instead of going out and buying scarfs to wear while driving our scooter, we thought it would be warmer and cheaper to just buy a sweater and cut it up. Liii did is the one that carried this plan out and then will the left over arm sleeves he just sewed on some elastic at the top where he should would be if you were actually wearing the sweater and turned them into some leggings for me. I am not one to normally wear leggings but they're really nice to keep warm around the apartment and I wear them on Sundays under my skirt and I've actually even started wearing the under my jeans to keep warm. I haven't been brave enough to wear them on top of my pants yet, I don't know just not quite my style. Yes, I know he's practically a genius.

Here's our cute little Christmas set up for our apartment. Lucky for us the foreign teachers here before us left a tree and decorations boxed up in the closet so we didn't have to go out and buy anything to use for just one year. Really helpful in feeling more of the holiday season.
This last Wednesday night we went to the orphanage again and it was their Christmas party, so we got to watch all the kids get presents from Santa. They were sure excited and it was fun to be there with them. There were quite a few military members that came to it as well and brought the kids a lot of candy. Well this one lady, who obviously hadn't been to the orphanage before to know how wild and not shy these kids are, decided to give the kids some candy canes but instead of handing them individually to the kids she just held this brown bag open for them to choose a candy cane from. Nicely saying, her stash pretty much got attacked. The few kids that did get any candy canes took like 20 each(as many as they could fit in their hand, and her candy canes were gone in about a minute. It was so funny to watch her try and unsuccessfully pry some back out of the kids hands after she realized how many they were taking. I so wish that I would have been thinking fast enough to get this on film, but I didn't. It would have definately won some funny contest. We were laughing so hard! Gotta love these kids though:)


The kids decorating the Christmas tree set up at the Gunsan Ward building.

2 comments:

sara said...

Glad to see you guys are having so much fun! Wish you were here though. ;(

Carissa and Jeff said...

That stinks about snickers. I love them and they are only a few cents more expensive here in China than the States. Other American candy on the other hand is ridiculous.