Friday, October 30, 2009

Flued out Halloween:(

Here in Korea they don’t celebrate Halloween but we wanted to still do some stuff with the students to celebrate. We were going to dress up and do some fun activities with the students on Friday. I got some Halloween pictures of me when I was younger that I thought would be fun to show the students and we were going to make some pumpkin masks and watch the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. But on Thursday I started hearing some things from the students that we weren’t going to have classes on Friday because the swine flu has been going around and one of the students did have positive results of the swine flu so our principal decided to have a rest day and a day to clean and disinfect the school. Once again we had to find out the news from our students and not from our boss. So we kept teaching Thursday and Liji and I were kind of wondering when Jennifer, our principal would tell us of the next days events. Well, we finished up and she never told us. I had to go and ask her about it at 10pm as we were headed home. She said oh yea, we are going to have a cleaning day so will you come around 11am instead of 2 pm and then we will clean for about an hour and then be done for the day. I said ok and Liji and I had a nice day of no work. What would happen if Liji and I hadn’t asked her about it and then just showed up at 2 and no one was around. Would Jennifer have even cared? Sometimes she is a little frustrating. Anyways, because of all that we didn’t end up getting to do what we had planned for Halloween. Sad day:( Thank you Mandy and Alisa for sending the Halloween pictures anyways they brought back fun memories for me.

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Bummer!! You were so excited to show them about Halloween & that is so frustrating that the principal is keeping you out of the loop!

Mandy said...

You should show them the pictures anyway.

Jonathan and Brittani Bush said...

Ah wat a bummer for your halloween. But hey at least you got a day off kinda.