Friday, October 16, 2009

School BBQ Day

Yesterday, on Friday we had a BBQ day. All the students still came but we had no regular classes. The Korean teachers prepared all the food and we were in charge of having games prepared to play with each of the classes, which of course she told us that we needed to prepare just the day before. So I came up with a few ideas and we ended up having a lot of fun. This was an all day thing with the students coming in waves.

This is Ella and Emma. They are fairly new to the school and they are sisters. The younger one Ella is so sweet and she loves to follow me around, even though her English is behind the other students and I'm pretty sure she doesn't understand a word that I say. She'll run into or office and give me a big hug and then do her cute little laugh. I love it.
The lady in the center is our Principal. The one on the right is her sister and the Math teacher at our school. The lady on the left is our schools bus driver. Buffet Style



Now we are to the second flow of students. I have Kurts class below and we are playing Spoons.







With all of the older students from about 13-16 years old we took them down to a nearby basketball court and taught them to play partner tag. They loved it and we all had a great time, but it was too dark to get any pictures. And only 2 students slipped and got hurt. There was just water on the court from bad designing when making the court. The older kids are especially camera shy and that is why there have not really been any pictures of them. Sorry, they refuse to let us take their picture.



Here I am teaching the younger kids how to play spoons. For some reason most of the Korean people are very camera shy and are very reluctant to let us get there picture.

4 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

Suddenly, I've forgotten how to play spoons. I wish the video kept going so Christina could finish her tutorial.

Something about passing cards and collecting ...?

paigeejeffnkids said...

Hey Christina and Liji, how are you liking the English program? Jeff and I are wondering because we want to move to Korea and do that when he graduates. And I just wanted to thank you for updating your blog, it brings back so many memories. We hope you are enjoying yourselves. I sure it'll be a little lonely with the holidays coming up and not having family around, but I know those Koreans you've met feel like you are family to them :0). Take Care! Ah Yeong

Jonathan and Brittani Bush said...

The weather looks so nice there! Does it ever get cold?

Alisa said...

Waiting for a new post. You should tell about you adventure to get the flu test :)