Friday, October 2, 2009

Rock Climbing

Wednesday night we were trained on the rock climbing wall at the air base so that we can now go and climb whenever we want. I loved it more than I thought I would. I loved the challenge of it. The first time up was so hard I didn't think I would be able to go back up, but the second time ended up being easier and I went up a few more times. My forearms have been killing me ever since though.


This is Nick. He just happened to get dropped flat on his back when we were belaying. Luckily he landed on the mat that you see below and he wasn't too high up because that way it can just be really funny. I was getting ready to climb when it happened and I turn around to see Nick just suddenly drop. It was crazy. He was about 10 feet up and the guy who was supposed to be slowly letting him down thought that he needed to crank really hard on the lever to let the rope loose. Well it turns out if you yank with all you got the climber drops. Nick happened to be laying back with his arms and legs spawled out enjoying the ride down when he suddenly dropped. It was so funny. We are still laughing about it everytime we even think about it. you probably had to be there though. We've had a pretty fun time teasing Michael about it also, he's the one who let Nick drop.



We just have so much fun with these guys. So glad to be here.

No comments: