Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Thing I Miss Most...

The thing that I have missed the most since being here has been having close girlfriends to talk and do things with. The Korean sisters here have been so wonderful to me and have made me feel so loved, but there is still the language barrier and we just aren't close enough that I feel completely comfortable and would be able to spill my guts. Plus the Relief Society is very small because most of the sisters are taken out to fulfill other callings (nursery, primary, etc.), so we usually only have about 3 sisters. Most of the times we haven't had much of a lesson because our numbers are so small. We hang out with the guys at the air base and have such a ball with them. It is great for Liji because he gets all the hunting/gun/sports talk that he wants.
Since being here I have gained a much greater appreciation for my mom, mother-in-law, grandmothers, sisters, sister in-laws, and best friends at home. I just need to have girl-time! As wonderful as Liji is, he just doesn't cut it when it comes to emotional matters. Just been on my mind today since reading the General Relief Society broadcast this morning. I am so amazed by the service, love and compassion that I have witnessed throughout my life by so many woman. So I thought I would just thank my wonderful family and friends for the great service that they have given to me throughout my life. Thank you so much for the examples you set. I love and miss you all so very much. Keep up the good work!

3 comments:

Olsens R Us said...

Christina- I love you! I wish I had thought about this sooner- most of your pics posted do tend to be "guy-centric" :) We will have to set up a chat room or something online so that we can have a weekly get together with all the sister in laws for whoever can join! I will ask Mike how to do it- he has these type of meetings all the time for work. I loved when we were all in Vegas together and we were able to talk so openly about our lives! There is noone I feel I can do that with except my sister in laws! (and Mom of course!) I'm sorry you've been lonely, we will try to get something together to help! Love and Miss you!

Nannie said...

Christina,I sure love you and miss you. I think we need to spend more time talking on skype. Did the cocoa and oatmeal arrive? Thanks for your wonderful blog. Love Mom

Jonathan and Brittani Bush said...

Isn't it funny what the power of a little "girl talk" can do for one's soul? I agree that every once in a while it is much needed. Stay strong. We miss you guys!