Friday, October 16, 2009

Sunday Meal at the Base

This is Liji with Chaplain Cologne (OK, I have to edit this, his name is Colon, he is hispanic and the accent is on the last syllable of the word, so it sounds like "cologne". Chistina asked me how to spell "Colon," but I didn't know that she was writing about the Chaplain, so I told her how to spell "cologne.") This guy is so funny and has been so kind to us. He had to have me get a picture of him with Liji in the apron.
This last Sunday it was our Branch's turn to be in charge of the Suday Meal for all the religious groups on the base. Liji volunteered us to plan the meal and decided on Pot Roast. We were told that there would be 120 people, so Liji did a great job calculating everything out and then there ended up only being about 40-50 people that showed up. It was sad because it was the best meal on the base yet and not everyone came to enjoy it. There was a lot of left over potatoes and even more salad.










No comments: