Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Aaron

Recently the Elders have been teaching the Gospel lessons to a man named Aaron; he is actually from China though and that is his English name. Liji and I have been able to sit in a few lessons with him and we have really been touched by him. He is just so humble and sincere. About 2 Sundays ago we were able to listen to Aaron's first prayer, and it was such a spiritual experience. I've never been able to be a part of something so humbling and I am so grateful for this mans strength and wonderful example to me, it has been so good to get to know him, and feel of the love that our Heavenly Father has for all of his children, especially those who are just finally coming to him for the first time. The pictures below are from a lesson we had with him at the Gunsan University where he is studying. He is married, but his wife has to stay back in China; that would just be so hard.


3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wow, I bet that was pretty cool to witness. Its neat how something as simple as a prayer can be so powerful. We can't get enough of these pictures! Bah! That place looks gorgeous!!

Mandy said...

It is such a treat to meet people like that and his memory will always stay with you.

Jana said...

What a cool experience. I love seeing your pictures. My sister is serving in Ulsan, by Busan South Korea right now, she loves it. I like seeing the culture in the pictures to get a better idea where she is and the people, so thanks. I know that you are in a different area, but it helps! I admire what you guys do, what a awesome way to experience life.