Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Where's the Camera when you need one?

For the last 3 weeks Liji and I have been doing some walking/hiking everyday somewhere around town. In two weeks we are going to Hawaii on our way home and Liji has all these hikes planned out so he wants us to be in shape. Well it has been a lot of fun and we have been able to see some beautiful things. We have usually been taking our camera along with us, but today I didn't take it because we were going somewhere we'd already been hiking at. But that was a mistake because I could have gotten the cutest video.
Because it has warmed up so much a lot of the schools are taking picnics with their school kids. We have run into them a lot over the last few weeks as we have been out on our walks, and it is probably the closest feeling you could have of being a movie star. They all act like it is the most exciting thing in the world to be seeing us as they yell out hello and their names. We have to be completely out of sight before we stop hearing shouts of Hi, or Hello to us. Well today during our walk around Wolmeoung Lake we stopped at the big excercise area they have there and we happened to get there just as all these students are gathering there for their picnics. They were running all over the place playing on the excercise equipment and just having a lot of fun. Well I went over to do work my abs on this twisty machine and Liji went to a machine we call the Strider. I was a bit a ways and had a great view to just watch these kids notice Liji and then with in a minute of him starting his excercise having a swarm of about 15 kids just goggling at him. And they stayed there the whole time he did. I wish that I could have gotten a video of it so bad. You would have thought he was Tom Cruise or something!

And I guess I should add some pictures from some of our beautiful hikes. So here ya go.









And Liji and I have come to the realization that we will never be true hikers in the eyes of the Korean people until we get some cool outfits like these.

No comments: