Saturday, May 15, 2010

Beautiful Korea

When we got to Korea last summer everything was green and beautiful. It took me a while to realize that because there were so many people. For me beautiful = no people. After I got used to the fact that there is NO WHERE in Korea that you can escape the people, I really began to appreciate the fauna. Unfortunately for me, by the time that happened it was winter.
I almost did not make it through the winter, everythins was soooo dreary, it was smoogy, cloudy and bleak. It seemed as if color had been removed from our world. To make things worse, people told us that Spring would be here at the end of February. Well, that didn't actually happen until the end of April. But now that Spring is here, I am astonished everyday we go outside and find green trees and vibrant flowers. To us it seemed like the transition from bleak and dreary to green and vibrant took only one or two days. One day it was bleak, the next it was beautiful. I am so grateful for the beautiful world that God has created for us (even though I have to share it with other people!)
This is our last picture of the temple.
As we walked around this resavoir, I kept telling Christina that I wanted to go swimming, she wouldn't let me.
We keep thinking that we have seen every kind of flower or blossom that Korea has to offer and then a new shows up. These tree all looked dead until they suddenly put on these purple flowers.
T-shirts and green leaves, what could be better?
These great pink blossoms were late bloomers, most of the other trees had bloomed (except the purple ones above) and then we found these. The blossoms are monstorous, about the size of my fist.
This last picture is just to show the contrast. We took it a few months ago when everything seemed like it was dead.

No comments: