Thursday, July 16, 2009

Beep eem bap

This is my sweet new sun hat. I wish you could see the top better because it sure is pretty. There is this sparkly design. They have a lot of cool hats here. I think it is because they try to take really good care of their skin. Over here it is not good to be tan. It is considered much more beautiful to have lighter skin. They have this sun block commercial where this girl is showing the tan line that she got from wearing a tank top and then it shows her after using the sun block how she has no tan line. That would not sell in America. Girls can't wait to show off their tan lines. I haven't put on any sunblock here yet and we have been outside quite a bit so a couple of days I was pretty sunburned. At work all the kids and teachers were so worried about me. They also have this face soap that says that it is a whitener. One lady talked me into buying a bar from her, she was trying to sell it to me because my skin is so red.


Yea, Our turf field is complete! It's pretty hard though. They didn't put down any kind of soft sand down under it, so it is just hard packed gravel underneath.


Here we are eating out at this small

restaurant that's just across the street from the

church. This mixture of vegetables over rice is called a Beep Eem Bap. It cost us under $4 for all of this food.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Katie says, "Tell Stina I want to call her!"

Mandy said...

Christina, you look so beautiful in that picture. Your face looks white in the picture. Even whiter then I remember. The soap must be working : )

PS I want a cool hat